List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alec.Cawley Date:October 18 2005 10:20am
Subject:Re: Function to show when a field's value was last updated
View as plain text
news <news@stripped> wrote on 17/10/2005 15:45:15:

> I need it some info to help a client defend against a legal challenge.
> Is there a MySQL function that will allow me to ascertain the date and
> time that a particular field's value was last updated. I can't find
> anything in the MySQL documentation.

It is almost certainly not possible. If you look in the manual for the
storage space occupied by each field, you will see there is no space to
store any form of timestamp. Since MySQL does not store the data you want,
it cannot extract it for you.

        Alec

Thread
Function to show when a field's value was last updatedMark18 Oct
  • Re: Function to show when a field's value was last updatedRich18 Oct
  • Re: Function to show when a field's value was last updatedAlec.Cawley18 Oct
    • Re: Function to show when a field's value was last updatedPeter Brawley18 Oct