List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jigal van Hemert Date:October 17 2005 11:21am
Subject:Re: renaming the database
View as plain text
C.R. Vegelin wrote:
> What about renaming the folder indicating the database name.
> I work with Windows XP and renaming a folder works well.

Cor,

Have you tried it with InnoDB tables or anything other than MyISAM
tables? InnoDB uses a single tablespace per server (unless specified
that it should use a file per table, but then it still uses a general
tablespace), so renaming a directory or folder will probably only
confuse InnoDB and prevent it from starting.

Regards, Jigal.
Thread
renaming the databaseOctavian Rasnita16 Oct
  • Re: renaming the databaseJigal van Hemert17 Oct
  • Re: renaming the databaseOctavian Rasnita17 Oct
  • Re: renaming the databaseC.R. Vegelin17 Oct
    • Re: renaming the databaseJigal van Hemert17 Oct
  • Re: renaming the databaseRobert L Cochran17 Oct
    • Re: renaming the databaseSGreen17 Oct
      • Re: renaming the databaseRobert L Cochran17 Oct
        • Re: renaming the databaseSGreen17 Oct
          • Re: renaming the databasePeter Brawley17 Oct
      • Re: renaming the databasePeter Brawley17 Oct
  • Re: renaming the databaseGleb Paharenko17 Oct