List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:October 17 2005 7:09am
Subject:Re: IP Resolution
View as plain text
Eric,

Thanks for the advise.

I was not reporting a bug.  This is a live installation of a database I
have to get working.  I was hoping somebody may give me some compilation
options to make MySQL understand IP addresses.  Or something.

I cannot upgrade the database as this is our production level and
changing up would require months of testing.

In time when I do, I can tell you if this may be a bug candidate.

So, if there is anybody why MySQL thinks all IP addresses are seen my
MySQL as 0.0.0.0, I would very much like to know.

I note that netstat and other IP reporting programs have no problem.

Regards,

Ben Clewett.

Eric Bergen wrote:
> MySQL 4.1.14 is the current version. You should always upgrade to the
> lastest release and test your problem before trying to report bugs.
>
> Ben Clewett wrote:
>
>> Dear MySQL,
>>
>> My MySQL 4.1.9 has lost the ability to work out what IP address
>> clients are connecting from.  Eg:
>>

>> $ mysqladmin  processlist
>> +----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
>

>> | Id | User | Host          | db   | Command | Time | State |
>> Info        |
>> +----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
>

>> | 5  | test | 0.0.0.0:55049 | test | Sleep   | 10   |       |        |
>> | 6  | root | localhost     |      | Query   | 0    |       | show
>> processlist |
>> +----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
>

>> This is annoying as I can't authenticate users based on their IP address.
>>
>> I suspect this may be a clash between IPv6 and IPv4.  It happened
>> after a patch was applied to the AIX operating system and MySQL
>> recompiled.
>>
>> Would any members have experience or ideas of how this problem may be
>> resolved?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ben

Thread