List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Seymour Date:October 17 2005 1:29am
Subject:ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?
View as plain text
My bad. I was renaming some columns in a table. I incorrectly set the
type to decimal(4,2) and the data was truncated/hosed. Is there a way to
recover the data. I tried a system backup from yesterday. That changed
nothing. I have already set the column type back to the correct
settings. I am running MySQL v5.0.13 on a Debian Etch(Testing) box.

TIA,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.
You don't have to accept less than you deserve.
"Use the Power of the Penguin" Registered Linux user #316735
Thread
ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Jim Seymour17 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko18 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies18 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko18 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Harald Fuchs19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Jigal van Hemert19 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct