List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:October 14 2005 7:42am
Subject:IP Resolution
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

My MySQL 4.1.9 has lost the ability to work out what IP address clients
are connecting from.  Eg:

$ mysqladmin  processlist
+----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| Id | User | Host          | db   | Command | Time | State | Info        |
+----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| 5  | test | 0.0.0.0:55049 | test | Sleep   | 10   |       |        |
| 6  | root | localhost     |      | Query   | 0    |       | show
processlist |
+----+------+---------------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+

This is annoying as I can't authenticate users based on their IP address.

I suspect this may be a clash between IPv6 and IPv4.  It happened after
a patch was applied to the AIX operating system and MySQL recompiled.

Would any members have experience or ideas of how this problem may be
resolved?

Regards,

Ben

Thread