List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward Vermillion Date:October 13 2005 10:27pm
Subject:Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineering
View as plain text
Bruno Cochofel wrote:
>>From http://www.mysqlusers.com/msg/37105.html we have:
>
> <>Reset the password to pre-4.1 style for each user that needs to use a
> pre-4.1 client program. This can be done using the SET PASSWORD
> statement and the OLD_PASSWORD() function:
> mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

[snip]

That actually looks like something I may have done. I *did* upgrade to
4.0 from 3.?, and may have had to do that to keep it all working at the
time(PHP 4 and all). When I installed 4.1, I just copied the DB files
over to that server so all of that would have gone with it at the time.

Like I said, it was a while back when I installed DBD and even further
back when I updated mysql. I've slept since then. :D

Hope that works for you.
Thread
MySQL sw for reverse engineeringBruno Cochofel13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringGraham Reeds13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringEdward Vermillion13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringPeter Brawley13 Oct
Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringBruno Cochofel13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringEdward Vermillion13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringBruno Cochofel13 Oct
      • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringEdward Vermillion14 Oct