List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bruno Cochofel Date:October 13 2005 8:53pm
Subject:Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineering
View as plain text
From http://www.mysqlusers.com/msg/37105.html we have:

<>Reset the password to pre-4.1 style for each user that needs to use a
pre-4.1 client program. This can be done using the SET PASSWORD
statement and the OLD_PASSWORD() function:
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

Edward Vermillion wrote:

> Bruno Cochofel wrote:
>
>> Thank you all for the posts. Can anyone explain to me how can I connect
>> DBDesigner4 to MySQL 4.x? I've never used MySQL 3.x and I believe
>> there's some kind off trick to connect DBDesigner4 to MySQL 4.x because
>> the program doesn't support the MySQL 4.x
>>
>> Or the ODBC connection solution to MySQL 4.x...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bruno
>>

> I've got it hooked up to 4.0.? and 4.1.?. I don't remember having any
> problems with it, but it has been a while since I set it up. One
> database is local to the machine that DBD runs on and the other is on
> another box. I've got both of the DB servers set up in my DNS server
> and that's how I've got them listed in the connection settings ( ie
> server = mysql or mysql2 ). Dunno if that's made a difference or not.
>
> I've got DBD 4.0.5.4

Thread
MySQL sw for reverse engineeringBruno Cochofel13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringGraham Reeds13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringEdward Vermillion13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringPeter Brawley13 Oct
Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringBruno Cochofel13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringEdward Vermillion13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringBruno Cochofel13 Oct
      • Re: MySQL sw for reverse engineeringEdward Vermillion14 Oct