List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hugh Sasse Date:October 13 2005 4:20pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?
View as plain text
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Peter Brawley wrote:

> Hugh,
>
> Agreed that the MySQL error reporter is primitive, and that 'lint for MySQL'

If I were familiar with the code base I'd happy send patches, but I
was hoping "improve diagnostics"  might get nudged up somebody's
list by raising it.

> would be a smash hit, but if you look up error 1064 you'll find it is a naming

The first several results returned by google are no help.

> error, two of which are visible in your error report--column names enclosed in
> double quotes.

I'll probably need to talk to the maintainers of the vim syntax file
then, as well, because though that's a MySQL 3 syntax file I expect
it was still wrong.  Imho it should show white on red as a result,
not red on black (string).

> PB
> http://www.artfulsoftware.com

        Thank you,
        Hugh
Thread
MySQL 4.1.13 lint?Hugh Sasse13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?Alec.Cawley13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?Hugh Sasse13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?SGreen13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?Hugh Sasse13 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?Peter Brawley13 Oct
    • Re: MySQL 4.1.13 lint?Hugh Sasse13 Oct