List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:October 13 2005 2:26pm
Subject:Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?
View as plain text
Hi !

lu ming wrote:
>    The test system that is included in MySQL Server's Unix source
> distributions.(/mysql-test/mysql-test-run.sh)  We can use the suite to
> run a test against to the MySQL Server. But these tests only can be run
> on Unix(linux). If you want to run the tests on Windows, you must use
> the Cygwin environment, and the server must be compiled under Cygwin
> environment. Actually, it doesn't test the MySQL Server's Windows
> version because the Cygwin had make the running environment be equal to
> the Unix's i think. Is my opinion right?

Well, this is a typical Windows problem (yes, I admit being a Unix guy):
Native Windows does not come with a decent portable scripting language.

You are right that the MySQL test suite is based on a shell script
approach which does not work in (native) Windows.
(You might get "MinGW", MKS or similar suites to get a shell and try in
that environment, but this would be your own personal experiment.
If you have looked into that script, you get an idea of the complexity
needed, plain "batch" files will not work for this.)

>    I want to know how to test the MySQL Server's Windows version. Is
> MySQL AB doesn't provide the test method? Who can give me an answer?

MySQL is internally working on replacing the shell script by a set of
Perl scripts, which can also be used on Windows (provided you install
Perl). However, this work is not yet finished, and several tests will
produce different results on Windows from the Unix ones, which the tool
considers to be failures - even if it is just the way the result is
written,no real database difference.

So currently there is no way for you to run the test suite on Windows
and get usable results - sorry. We are working on this.

Regards,
Jörg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?lu ming13 Oct
  • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?Joerg Bruehe13 Oct
    • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?lu ming14 Oct
      • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?SGreen14 Oct
        • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?Joerg Bruehe14 Oct
          • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?lu ming17 Oct
            • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?Joerg Bruehe17 Oct
              • Re: How to test the MySQL Server (windows version) ?lu ming17 Oct