List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:October 13 2005 2:20pm
Subject:Re: Problem with GRANT not working.
View as plain text
A little more information:

If I use --skip-name-resolve then I get an odd error:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'me'@'0.0.0.0' (using
password: YES)

This seems to suggest that MySQL thinks my client is from '0.0.0.0' and
hence cannot match any GRANT syntax I use.  Why would MySQL think my
client is from '0.0.0.0'?

Thanks in advance for any person who can offer a solution to these problems.

Ben Clewett wrote:
> Dear MySQL,
>
> A new installation of 4.1.9 on AIX 5. I have a GRANT that is not working.
>
> Connecting from foreign server 'pho.com' with IP of '192.168.1.1', I
> should be able to GRANT using either:
>
> mysql> GRANT all ON test.* TO test@'192.168.%' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';
> mysql> GRANT all ON test.* TO test@'%.com'     IDENTIFIED BY 'test';
>
> The second version '%.com' allows access.  The first version access by
> IP '192.168.%' does not work.
>
> This always has worked on 4.1.9 before.  There is nothing in the manual
> to elaborate on this problem.  As far as I can see, this should work
> perfectly.
>
> Would any users be able to suggest a solution to this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben Clewett.

Thread
Problem with GRANT not working.Ben Clewett13 Oct
  • Re: Problem with GRANT not working.Ben Clewett13 Oct
    • Re: Problem with GRANT not working.Gleb Paharenko15 Oct
  • Re: Problem with GRANT not working.Gleb Paharenko15 Oct