List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kane Wilson Date:October 13 2005 1:25pm
Subject:Re: upload images / mp3 more Than 1 MB capacity ---- please help
View as plain text
thanx for the reply , usually , i uploading jpg and gif files into mysql database , there
is no any issue. we can display them correctly.
when i try to upload such huge mp3 files and some .jar files into the databse , i  used
mysqlcc GUI and SQLYOG GUI , from those interfaces also giving troubles. contents wont
stored.
my requrement is any how keep the contents , in the mysql database, i have high
performance machine. so then i'm not worry about perforamnce.

please , let me know how could be the way to store such files in a mysql databse ???

please help

Jigal van Hemert <jigal@stripped> wrote:
Kane Wilson wrote:
> But when i try to store little but huge gif files it wont store .

First of all, use the method described at
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php for a safe way to
handle file uploads. It could be that you run into a server limit which
will show up if you use that method.

I do think that you exceeded the max_allowed_packet size for MySQL
queries which has a default value of 1048576 (=1MB). You can increase
this number (must be done in both client and server!!), but it is
usually best to store huge files in a file system and not in a database.

Kind regards, Jigal.

upload images / mp3 more Than 1 MB capacity ---- please helpKane Wilson13 Oct
  • Re: upload images / mp3 more Than 1 MB capacity ---- please helpJigal van Hemert13 Oct
    • Re: upload images / mp3 more Than 1 MB capacity ---- please helpKane Wilson13 Oct