List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:October 13 2005 1:14pm
Subject:Problem with GRANT not working.
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

A new installation of 4.1.9 on AIX 5. I have a GRANT that is not working.

Connecting from foreign server 'pho.com' with IP of '192.168.1.1', I
should be able to GRANT using either:

mysql> GRANT all ON test.* TO test@'192.168.%' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';
mysql> GRANT all ON test.* TO test@'%.com'     IDENTIFIED BY 'test';

The second version '%.com' allows access.  The first version access by
IP '192.168.%' does not work.

This always has worked on 4.1.9 before.  There is nothing in the manual
to elaborate on this problem.  As far as I can see, this should work
perfectly.

Would any users be able to suggest a solution to this?

Regards,

Ben Clewett.

Thread
Problem with GRANT not working.Ben Clewett13 Oct
  • Re: Problem with GRANT not working.Ben Clewett13 Oct
    • Re: Problem with GRANT not working.Gleb Paharenko15 Oct
  • Re: Problem with GRANT not working.Gleb Paharenko15 Oct