List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ehrwin Mina Date:October 13 2005 11:22am
Subject:Re: Tracking changes in the database
View as plain text
You can also set a plain logging of mysql activity by enabling this in my.cnf

log            = /tmp/mysqld.log
tmpdir         = /tmp/

restart mysql

Thanks,

At 02:32 PM 10/13/2005, Daniel Kasak wrote:
>Andre Matos wrote:
>
>>I am using InnoDB and replication, is there any issues?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Andre
>>
>It depends what you're doing. If you use the binary log, there are no
>issues - in replication uses the binary log to achieve it's goals.
>Since the plain-text log is depreciated, you probably should learn to use
>the binary log. As I noted before, the plain-text log has some issues. I'm
>not sure what all of them are, but I've encountered issues when using
>plain-text logs and temporary tables ( eg 2 users create temporary tables
>- in the plain text log, it looks like the 1 user ).
>
>--
>Daniel Kasak
>IT Developer
>NUS Consulting Group
>Level 5, 77 Pacific Highway
>North Sydney, NSW, Australia 2060
>T: (+61) 2 9922-7676 / F: (+61) 2 9922 7989
>email: dkasak@stripped
>website: http://www.nusconsulting.com.au
>
>--

Ehrwin C. Mina

9/F Tower 2
RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue cor. Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue
Makati City 1200 Philippines

Cell       (63 918) 930 4383
            (63 917) 845 2102
Tel        (63 2) 757 2633
Fax        (63 2) 757 2633
Email      ehrwin@stripped
Web        www.chikka.com

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Chikka does not accept liability for any omissions or
errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission
or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of
this message and any attachment thereto. Chikka does not guarantee that
this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any
damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Thread
Tracking changes in the databaseAndre Matos13 Oct
  • Re: Tracking changes in the databaseDaniel Kasak13 Oct
    • RE: Tracking changes in the databaseAndre Matos13 Oct
      • Re: Tracking changes in the databaseDaniel Kasak13 Oct
        • Re: Tracking changes in the databaseEhrwin Mina13 Oct
        • RE: Tracking changes in the databaseAndre Matos13 Oct