List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Taylor Date:October 11 2005 3:14pm
Subject:Re: Suppress table header when using ODBC
View as plain text
Gleb Paharenko wrote:
> Hello.
>

>>I am using a desktop program that imports data from a mysql
>

> What program?

Printbench Pro

>>for one  little glitch:  it adds one extra row at the beginning of
>>the dataset with the names of the columns in it.   I need for that
>

> Does you program show column names in the numeric fields?

In a manner of speaking, Yes.  When you DO the query it shows all the
data in spreadsheet fashion.  The columns all have headers and you can't
edit it.  THen when you go to layout, all the field headers are used as
placeholders and may be drug around and formatted in the layout.

I have also contacted Elkriver tech support about this, but I thought
it might be an issue I could solve with a mysql solution.

The problem is I want to bar encode one of the fields, and the bar
encoding I want to use is numeric only.  So it craps out the whole
column just because the first row has a non numeric field header.  and
that is why I need it to go away.

> Gerald Taylor wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am using a desktop program that imports data from a mysql
>>database using the ODBC mysql driver and everything works fine except
>>for one  little glitch:  it adds one extra row at the beginning of
>>the dataset with the names of the columns in it.   I need for that
>>column name row to NOT be there.  Do I do something to the query to
>>suppress is or is it some setting I set up?  I've googled and nothing.
>>MySQL 4.1 if it matters.  I know I remember reading somewhere how
>>to suppress this.   Thanks

Thread
Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesmos9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
    • Re: Distance between Zip codesHank9 Oct
      • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
        • Re: Distance between Zip codesSGreen10 Oct
  • Suppress table header when using ODBCGerald Taylor11 Oct
    • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGleb Paharenko11 Oct
      • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGerald Taylor11 Oct
        • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGleb Paharenko11 Oct