List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Abel Date:October 10 2005 7:10pm
Subject:How do you set a Primary Key when uploading data into a table?
View as plain text
How do you load data into a table and generate a primary key which
increments by 1.

I want to end up with a primary key value of int 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on.

My table has three rows, Id, Code, Description. I'm loading data from
a text file into the table like this:

load data local infile '/Users/billabel/Desktop/sic.txt' into table
sic_codes lines
terminated by '\r' (code, description);

The Id row gets values of 99897, and then increments by one.
Thread
How do you set a Primary Key when uploading data into a table?Bill Abel10 Oct
  • Re: How do you set a Primary Key when uploading data into a table?Gleb Paharenko11 Oct