List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hassan Schroeder Date:October 10 2005 1:46pm
Subject:Re: Relocation of database store
View as plain text
William Fry wrote:
> I'm trying to relocate the database files for MySQL 4.1
> I've seen two primary techniques for doing this:
> 1) create/alter a my.cnf file with 'datadir' set to new location
> 2) moving the physical files and creating a symlink in the original location

> It appears that both relocation methods indicated above cause EVERYTHING to
> be relocated, i.e. not only the "hard" files, but the socket "file" also.

?! I've relocated datadirs frequently and never seen it affect the
location of the socket "file".

YMMV!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@stripped

                          dream.  code.

Thread
Relocation of database storeWilliam Fry10 Oct
  • Re: Relocation of database storeHassan Schroeder10 Oct
  • Re: Relocation of database storeHank10 Oct
  • Re: Relocation of database storeGleb Paharenko11 Oct