List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:October 9 2005 12:29am
Subject:Re: Distance between Zip codes
View as plain text
At 05:59 PM 10/8/2005, you wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone might have a canned query I could use for the
>following scenario.
>
>I need to search for a list of locations within a certain distance of a user
>given zip code and order them by driving distance calculated from a table of
>zip codes containing lon and lat info from zipwise.
>
>Example:
>
>1. I enter my zip of 85050
>2. enter a range in miles
>3. search a table of establishments within x miles from step 2
>4. list top ten within range of step 2 ordered by distance.
>
>For the establishments I have the zip codes and as I said I have the zipwise
>tables.
>
>Any suggestions? This query if completely possible within MySQL is well
>above me.
>

>Thanks
>
>Steffan

Steffan,

This has been discussed quite a lot. Take a look at
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=mysql+distance+zip+code&btnG=Search
for more info.

Mike

Thread
Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesmos9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
    • Re: Distance between Zip codesHank9 Oct
      • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
        • Re: Distance between Zip codesSGreen10 Oct
  • Suppress table header when using ODBCGerald Taylor11 Oct
    • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGleb Paharenko11 Oct
      • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGerald Taylor11 Oct
        • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGleb Paharenko11 Oct