List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:October 8 2005 10:59pm
Subject:Distance between Zip codes
View as plain text
I was wondering if anyone might have a canned query I could use for the
following scenario.

I need to search for a list of locations within a certain distance of a user
given zip code and order them by driving distance calculated from a table of
zip codes containing lon and lat info from zipwise.

Example:

1. I enter my zip of 85050
2. enter a range in miles
3. search a table of establishments within x miles from step 2
4. list top ten within range of step 2 ordered by distance.

For the establishments I have the zip codes and as I said I have the zipwise
tables.

Any suggestions? This query if completely possible within MySQL is well
above me.

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications
                                  Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesmos9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
  • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
    • Re: Distance between Zip codesHank9 Oct
      • Re: Distance between Zip codesSteffan A. Cline9 Oct
        • Re: Distance between Zip codesSGreen10 Oct
  • Suppress table header when using ODBCGerald Taylor11 Oct
    • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGleb Paharenko11 Oct
      • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGerald Taylor11 Oct
        • Re: Suppress table header when using ODBCGleb Paharenko11 Oct