List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:October 6 2005 9:22pm
Subject:Re: A question about stored procedures
View as plain text
Hello.

Very often PREPARED STATEMENTS are helpful in similar situations. For a pity,
they are disabled in the current release. See:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/sqlps.html

Leonardo Javier Belén wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I am wondering if I can construct a query string inside a stored
> procedure and then execute it. I mean, what I want to do is given a set of
> IN parameters, be able to construct a huge where statement out of them an
> then complete the query string to execute. Is that possible? because if that
> is possible I could be able to abstract all the data logic from the program
> itself.
>
>     I've been googling and reading books and references without success so
> far, but I think the functionality should be there, what I dont know is how
> to use it.
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
> sql - query - mysql

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Peter Brawley6 Oct
  • A question about stored proceduresLeonardo Javier BelĂ©n6 Oct
    • Re: A question about stored proceduresGleb Paharenko7 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Jeff Smelser6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Keith Ivey6 Oct
RE: A question about stored proceduresSujay Koduri6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct