List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Stille Date:October 6 2005 4:15pm
Subject:RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?
View as plain text
> If 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM tablename' returns error 1146 (42S02), the
> table doesn't exist.

This causes my application (ColdFusion) to throw an exception.

If I have to, I could resort to doing another query in my application
(SHOW TABLES) and seeing if my table was returned in that list.  But I
was hoping for a more elegant way to do it, within the single query.

-Ryan

Thread
Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Peter Brawley6 Oct
  • A question about stored proceduresLeonardo Javier BelĂ©n6 Oct
    • Re: A question about stored proceduresGleb Paharenko7 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Jeff Smelser6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Keith Ivey6 Oct
RE: A question about stored proceduresSujay Koduri6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct