List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 6 2005 4:10pm
Subject:Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?
View as plain text
Ryan,

 >I am converting some code from MSSQL to MySQL. In one place I need to
 >have a conditional query depending on if a table exists or not. There
 >are different versions of this application and the table only exists in
 >some of them. Here is how it was done in MSSQL:

If 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM tablename' returns error 1146 (42S02), the table
doesn't exist.

PB

Ryan Stille wrote:

>I am converting some code from MSSQL to MySQL.  In one place I need to
>have a conditional query depending on if a table exists or not.  There
>are different versions of this application and the table only exists in
>some of them.  Here is how it was done in MSSQL:
>
>IF OBJECT_ID('cfgbiz') IS NOT NULL
>  SELECT notifyto FROM cfgbiz
>ELSE
>  SELECT '' as notifyto
>
>Is there something similar in MySQL? I am running version 4.1.x.
>
>Thanks,
>-Ryan

Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Peter Brawley6 Oct
  • A question about stored proceduresLeonardo Javier BelĂ©n6 Oct
    • Re: A question about stored proceduresGleb Paharenko7 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Jeff Smelser6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Keith Ivey6 Oct
RE: A question about stored proceduresSujay Koduri6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct