List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Stille Date:October 6 2005 3:57pm
Subject:Detect if table exists from within MySQL?
View as plain text
I am converting some code from MSSQL to MySQL.  In one place I need to
have a conditional query depending on if a table exists or not.  There
are different versions of this application and the table only exists in
some of them.  Here is how it was done in MSSQL:

IF OBJECT_ID('cfgbiz') IS NOT NULL
  SELECT notifyto FROM cfgbiz
ELSE
  SELECT '' as notifyto

Is there something similar in MySQL? I am running version 4.1.x.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Thread
Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Peter Brawley6 Oct
  • A question about stored proceduresLeonardo Javier BelĂ©n6 Oct
    • Re: A question about stored proceduresGleb Paharenko7 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Jeff Smelser6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct
  • Re: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Keith Ivey6 Oct
RE: A question about stored proceduresSujay Koduri6 Oct
RE: Detect if table exists from within MySQL?Ryan Stille6 Oct