List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Hall Date:October 6 2005 10:36am
Subject:Re: Cursors in 5.0.13
View as plain text
On Wednesday 05 Oct 2005 15:29, Jeff Smelser wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 04:05 am, Rob Hall wrote:
> > Having a few problems using cursors in 5.0.13 and I don't know wether
> > it's an 'operator error' :)
> >
> > Should this work?
>
> when loading a procedure, do show warnings after it.. It tells you what
> problems its running into..
>
> So what error are you getting?

None :-). No Warnings or Errors are returned. All I get is a count of 1
evertime when Distinct is used in the cursor select statement. Omit the
DISTINCT and the count is 50511. Do a single select from the command line
including the distinct and I get 28K+ entries returned.

Looks to me like a bug in the cursor handling but I'd like someone to confirm
this.

--
Best regards,
 Rob Hall - Red Hat Certified Engineer