List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Griffiths Date:October 4 2005 7:13pm
Subject:Re: Query Question
View as plain text
Suppose you subscribe to a public email list that offers support on a
free open source database, and you see an email where someone doesn't
really provide nearly enough information to answer, what would you do?

What is the algorithm you are trying to implement to get the query-output?

Roy Harrell wrote:

>Suppose I have a simple table as follows:
>
>PartName	Tolerance	Cycles
>A		1		10
>A		2		11
>A		3		13
>A		4		15
>A		5		18
>B		1		12
>B		2		14
>B		3		16
>B		4		16
>B		5		17
>C		1		6
>C		2		7
>C		3		7
>C		4		8
>C		5		10
>

>How do I set up a query whose output would
>look like this:
>
>Tolerance	PartA	PartB	PartC
>1		10	12	6
>2		11	14	7
>3		13	16	7
>4		15	16	8
>5		18	17	10
>

>Thanks,
>
>Roy Harrell
>Adaptive Equipment
>352.372.7821

Thread
Query QuestionRoy Harrell4 Oct
  • Re: Query QuestionDavid Griffiths4 Oct
  • Re: Query QuestionSGreen4 Oct
  • Re: Query QuestionPeter Brawley5 Oct
RE: Query QuestionJacek Becla4 Oct
  • RE: Query QuestionSGreen4 Oct