List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rich Date:October 4 2005 4:43pm
Subject:Joins Tutorial Anywhere?
View as plain text
Hi folks.  Any chance on a tutorial from joins?  I find them totally
confusing and I know there's some power in them, so I need to learn them.

Having asked that, another question arises...do my field names in different
tables within the same database have to overlap (same field name) in order
for joins to work?  I'm currently naming fields in such a manner:

TABLE1
table1_alpha
table1_bravo

TABLE2
table2_firstname
table2_lastname

Appreciate any guidance on these two questions.

Cheers

Thread
Joins Tutorial Anywhere?Rich4 Oct
  • Re: Joins Tutorial Anywhere?Martijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: Joins Tutorial Anywhere?SGreen4 Oct
    • Re: Joins Tutorial Anywhere?Rich4 Oct
  • Re: Joins Tutorial Anywhere?Peter Brawley4 Oct
  • Re: Joins Tutorial Anywhere?Ligaya Turmelle5 Oct
    • Re: Joins Tutorial Anywhere?Jason Martin5 Oct