List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chance Ellis Date:October 4 2005 2:09pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
Thanks everyone for all of the replies! I have been banging my head against
this for a week now and I was never looking in the direction of the cron
script... Sometimes it helps having another set (or ten) of eyes looking at
the problem.
 Thanks again!

 On 10/3/05, Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@stripped> wrote:

> Chance Ellis wrote:
> [snip]
> > of CREATE TABLE entries. I then import those files with a cron script
> into
> > mysql. This is where I am looking to convert IP address into something
> [snip]
>
> There is a world of possibilities at this point, one is this:
>
> sed \
>

> --expression='s/@@@NEEDTOREPLACETHIS\([0123456789]\).\([0123456789]\)\.\([0123456789]\)\.\([0123456789]\)*NEEDTOREPLACETHIS@@@/\1_\2_\3_\4/'
> \
> SAVEDFILENAME \
> | mysql -ublabla -psecret dbname
>

> You can do quite everyting from a cron script, also create sql query
> from normal syslog logs.

Thread
Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct