List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bastian Balthazar Bux Date:October 3 2005 9:46pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
Chance Ellis wrote:
[snip]
> of CREATE TABLE entries. I then import those files with a cron script into
> mysql. This is where I am looking to convert IP address into something
[snip]

There is a world of possibilities at this point, one is this:

sed \
--expression='s/@@@NEEDTOREPLACETHIS\([0123456789]\).\([0123456789]\)\.\([0123456789]\)\.\([0123456789]\)*NEEDTOREPLACETHIS@@@/\1_\2_\3_\4/'
\
SAVEDFILENAME \
| mysql -ublabla -psecret dbname

You can do quite everyting from a cron script, also create sql query
from normal syslog logs.

Thread
Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct