List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jasper Bryant-Greene Date:October 3 2005 9:20pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
Chance Ellis wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Thus, syslog-ng creates a file that contains a bunch of CREATE TABLE
> entries. I then import those files with a cron script into mysql.
> This is where I am looking to convert IP address into something
> without periods. I cannot perform logic within the .conf file and it
> appears MySQL will not accept periods.

Have your cron script replace the periods in the IP addresses with
underscores before importing the SQL into MySQL.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct