List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yannick Warnier Date:October 3 2005 10:18am
Subject:Double indexes on one field
View as plain text
Hi all,

Using PhpMyAdmin, I seldom get the warning message:
PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID`

I understand its meaning, but I was wondering to what extent having a
field indexed AND being a primary key might slow down/speed up my
queries.

Is that gonna take twice the time if I am searching on the ID field,
just because there are two indexes?

I'd like to have a rough idea of how serioulsy I need to avoid these.

Thank you,

Yannick

Thread
Double indexes on one fieldYannick Warnier3 Oct
  • Re: Double indexes on one fieldMartijn Tonies3 Oct
    • Re: Double indexes on one fieldYannick Warnier3 Oct
      • Re: Double indexes on one fieldBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
        • Re: Double indexes on one fieldYannick Warnier3 Oct
  • Re: Double indexes on one fieldAlec.Cawley3 Oct