List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 28 2005 7:39pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
>Point taken and yes the manual was reviewed. However, I thought in the past
>that I had seen someone post a method in which table names could be created
>with special characters.

Most special characters can be used by using "back ticks":

`my_special name - for example with dashes and spaces`

That being said, one should/could stick to "normal" names to avoid any
issues :-)

Anyway, care to enlighten us on the requirements?

Cause I want to raise the point that any database design that requires you
to add a table in order to add data for a certain new "node" or anything,
is faulty... :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct