List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 28 2005 6:41pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
Hi there,

>Instead of criticizing people's designs without understanding the
>requirements why don't you just answer the question, or don't you know
>either?

That's why I asked "why".

It's not uncommon that a faulty/suboptimal design leads to
questions for a problem that shouldn't be existing in the first place.

Most of the time, a little background info can help delivering an
answer that can benefit other parties as well, and, obviously,
the original poster.

So -- the answer to this specific question has been given already.
But, it still begs the question: why.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

> >I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seemed to find it.
> > Canyou create table names with periods in them? I need to create tables
> >based on the IP address of machines (x.x.x.x)
>
> Ehm. Why?
>
> Instead of going the "silly table names" route, why not try a different
> design?

Thread
Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct