List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chance Ellis Date:September 28 2005 4:57pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
Instead of criticizing people's designs without understanding the
requirements why don't you just answer the question, or don't you know
either?

 On 9/28/05, Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped> wrote:

> >I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seemed to find it.
> > Canyou create table names with periods in them? I need to create tables
> >based on the IP address of machines (x.x.x.x)
>
> Ehm. Why?
>
> Instead of going the "silly table names" route, why not try a different
> design?
>
> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL
> Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> Database development questions? Check the forum!

Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct