List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:September 28 2005 4:03pm
Subject:Re: Table names with periods
View as plain text
Chance Ellis <chance.ellis@stripped> wrote on 09/28/2005 11:56:53 AM:

> I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seemed to find it.
>  Canyou create table names with periods in them? I need to create tables
> based on the IP address of machines (x.x.x.x) Currently, Mysql is puking
on
> format.
>  Any ideas?
>  Thanks

It's in the manual: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/legal-names.html

table names can contain any character allowed in a file name except for /
, \ , and .

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread
Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick28 Sep
    • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsMartijn Tonies28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsOctavian Rasnita28 Sep
  • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick3 Oct
    • Re: Table names with periodsSGreen3 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJasper Bryant-Greene3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsJerl Simpson3 Oct
        • Re: Table names with periodsBastian Balthazar Bux3 Oct
          • Re: Table names with periodsChance Ellis4 Oct
      • Re: Table names with periodsPatrick4 Oct