List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:September 26 2005 5:18pm
Subject:Re: Stored Procedures and Functions
View as plain text
Hello.

Have a look here:
  http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-storedprocedures.html

However, it isn't clear for me what originally read data means. Do you
store the time of the first access to the data in some table or
somewhere else? You might obtain a better answer from the list members
if your add more details about table structure and your application logic.

 >I don't have any experience with stored procedures and find the
 >Documentation in the MYSQL manual a bit sketchy or maybe I am just miss
 >reading it. Can any one point me to some documentation that will help with
 >fully understanding Stored Procedures?
 >

 >What I am trying to migrate out of my program code is a procedure to
do the
 >following for update commands.
 >

 >1)     Determine that the ID Field and the Last Updated Timestamp Field is
 >still the same as when the data was originally read.
 >
 >2)     If not the same then Raise an error back to the program so It can
 >determine the action.
 >
 >3)     If the same then lock row and perform update.
 >

 >Future development of this could extend to remove more out of code to
handle
 >when the two don't match. The procedure there is
 >
 >1)     Compare Original Field Value to Current Value in Memory if the two
 >don't match then
 >
 >2)     IF the Original Field Value and the Current Value Stored in Table
 >Match then update Field IF not then raise error and prompt user for
action.

 >This may be more information than required, but some one out their
might be
 >doing similar things that they can point me in the direction of some more
 >documentation or even better still a few Example scripts that I can
pull apart and learn from.