List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg 'groggy' Lehey Date:September 23 2005 12:33am
Subject:Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling stored procedure
View as plain text
On Thursday, 22 September 2005 at 17:06:32 +1200, Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
> Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
>> I have a stored procedure defined as follows:

>> Sometimes when I execute this stored procedure ...  I get the error
>> "Lost connection to MySQL server during query".
>>
>> I am using MySQL 5.0.12-beta-log on Gentoo Linux x86.
>
> This only seems to happen when accessing MySQL from PHP's MySQLi API,
> not when accessing it using the mysql command-line client.
>
> Is this a bug I should report to MySQL or to PHP? I'm not able to test
> other APIs at the moment.

If the server dies, that's a MySQL problem.  Take a look at
http://bugs.mysql.com/ for information on how to report it.  In
particular, the server logs should give some information.

Greg
--
Greg Lehey, Senior Software Engineer
MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com/

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/

"Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling storedprocedureJasper Bryant-Greene21 Sep
  • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling stored procedureMartijn Tonies21 Sep
    • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling storedprocedureJasper Bryant-Greene21 Sep
      • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling stored procedurePooly21 Sep
  • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling storedprocedureDaniel21 Sep
    • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling storedprocedureJasper Bryant-Greene21 Sep
  • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling storedprocedureJasper Bryant-Greene22 Sep
    • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling stored procedureGreg 'groggy' Lehey27 Sep
Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling storedprocedureJasper Bryant-Greene23 Sep
  • Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when callingstored procedureLenz Grimmer27 Sep