List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd Ellison Date:September 26 2005 5:41pm
Subject:Recover from plain text log
View as plain text
OK, I am ready to get flamed.  I have done so much stuff wrong on this
MySQL server that it finally came back to bite me.  I've learned my
lesson and hopefully someone here will find it in their heart to help me.

I have a database which is updated quite often, running from a web
server.  There is no binary log.  There is, however, a text query log
going back to before my problem.  The server had an I/O error and
apparently corrupted the files for my database.  I have a backup of the
database from some time back, but need to recover the data since that time.

I know there is a way to parse binary logs and recover from them, but is
there a way to do the same for text logs?  I think I can write a bash
script to reformat the file into a series of queries, but I was hoping
there was an easier way.

Thanks so much, anyone willing to help.

Todd Ellison
Thread
Recover from plain text logTodd Ellison26 Sep
  • Re: Recover from plain text logDanny Stolle28 Sep