List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 24 2005 3:58pm
Subject:Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?
View as plain text
> I don't know the date you're asking about. However, you can
> implement the FKs' features using stored procedures in MySQL 5.0.
> For a small example have a look at the nice article about stored
> procedures:
> http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-storedprocedures.html

Hmmm... given the no-transaction nature of MyISAM, this would
probably fail completely :-)

Even with transactions, it could easily fail...

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
foreign keys in MyISAM?Jacek Becla23 Sep
  • Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?Kevin Burton23 Sep
  • Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?Gleb Paharenko24 Sep
  • Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?Martijn Tonies24 Sep