List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:September 23 2005 9:37pm
Subject:Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databases
View as plain text
Hello.

 > = 77591546 K

Really - something is wrong with your memory settings - MySQL is using
about 77G of memory (or you have such a cool server :)! Please send the
output of 'SHOW VARIABLES' statement, 'SHOW STATUS' statement and your
configuration file. Include the amount of physical memory.

David Sparks wrote:
> mysql usually crashes when being shutdown.  The machine is a dual AMD64
> w 8GB RAM running mysql-4.1.14 on Gentoo linux with a ~40GB database.  I
> had similar crashes running 4.0.24 on an x86 running a ~275GB database.
>
> I always use `mysqladmin shutdown` rather than the init scripts to
> shutdown the daemon.
>
> Are there any known problems with shutting down large databases?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ds
>
> 050923 10:41:58  InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
> 050923 10:44:00InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 1174235488 in file
> os0sync.c line 634
> InnoDB: Failing assertion: 0 == pthread_mutex_destroy(fast_mutex)
> InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
> InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to http://bugs.mysql.com.
> InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
> InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be
> InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Forcing_recovery.html
> InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
> mysqld got signal 11;
> This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
> or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
> or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
> We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
> diagnose
> the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
> wrong
> and this may fail.
>
> key_buffer_size=2147483648
> read_buffer_size=33550336
> max_used_connections=217
> max_connections=768
> threads_connected=0
> It is possible that mysqld could use up to
> key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections
> = 77591546 K
> bytes of memory
> Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
daemon crash when shutting down large databasesDavid Sparks23 Sep
  • Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databasesGleb Paharenko24 Sep
    • Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databasesDavid Sparks29 Sep
      • Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databasesDavid Sparks29 Sep
      • Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databasesGleb Paharenko2 Oct
    • Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databasesDavid Sparks30 Sep
Re: daemon crash when shutting down large databasesHeikki Tuuri2 Oct