List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Burton Date:September 23 2005 7:47pm
Subject:Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?
View as plain text
On Sep 23, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Jacek Becla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The documentation says "At a later stage, foreign key constraints
> will be implemented for MyISAM tables as well". Does anybody know
> what is the timescale?

I'm not sure there is a timescale.. I think it might be pretty open
ended.  You could check out the changelog for MySQL 5 if you're
really interested.  I wish the MySQL guys would start a blog or
something so you could figure out what's going on with their
development.

I'd like MyISAM to just keep the metadata and not enforce the FKs.
That would be pretty nice.  Same with INNODB.

Kevin

       AIM/YIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://www.feedblog.org/
GPG fingerprint: 5FB2 F3E2 760E 70A8 6174 D393 E84D 8D04

Thread
foreign keys in MyISAM?Jacek Becla23 Sep
  • Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?Kevin Burton23 Sep
  • Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?Gleb Paharenko24 Sep
  • Re: foreign keys in MyISAM?Martijn Tonies24 Sep