List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:September 23 2005 1:20pm
Subject:Re: connectin from ORACLE to MYSQL
View as plain text
Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote on 09/23/2005 05:25:10 AM:

> Hi Friends,
> Any help on this is highly appreciated.
>  regards
> anandkl
>
>  On 9/23/05, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Friends,
> > I have set up all the drivers and configured the Hetrogenous service
in
> > oracle and set all the relevent parameter. Now when i am connecting to
MYSQL
> > from ORACLE i am getting the below error
> >  select counter from "ebay_stats"@test <%22ebay_stats%22@test> where
> > rownum < 2
> > *
> > ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
> > message:
> > [Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][H006] The init parameter
> > <HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME> is not set. Please set it in
> init<orasid>.ora
> > file.
> > ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from TEST
> >   I have set the HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME also in the initmyodbc3.ora
file
> > located in $ORACLE_HOME/hs/admin path
> >  HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = myodbc3
> > HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = off
> > HS_FDS_TRACE_FILE_NAME = <log file name>
> > HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
> >  Please help me.
> >  regards
> > anandkl

Please admit to yourself that you know you are asking an ORACLE question
on a MYSQL mailing list.... Have you tried reading ORACLE manuals,
researching ORACLE list archives, and searching for ORACLE articles or
whitepapers that deal with creating, establishing, or troubleshooting
"heterogenous services"?

I think that we do not have many people on this list with the knowledge
you seek. We may not be able to answer your question in the time you have
left. May I encourage you to take the initiative and research this issue
using other resources? You will probably get better results than
continuing to ask this list. We are capable and willing to help with MySQL
questions. However, this is not one.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Thread
connectin from ORACLE to MYSQLAnanda Kumar23 Sep
  • Re: connectin from ORACLE to MYSQLAnanda Kumar23 Sep
    • Re: connectin from ORACLE to MYSQLSGreen23 Sep
      • Re: connectin from ORACLE to MYSQLAnanda Kumar23 Sep