List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jasper Bryant-Greene Date:September 23 2005 12:40am
Subject:Re: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling stored
procedure
View as plain text
Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 September 2005 at 17:06:32 +1200, Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
>
>>Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
>>
>>>Sometimes when I execute this stored procedure ...  I get the error
>>>"Lost connection to MySQL server during query".
>>>
>>>I am using MySQL 5.0.12-beta-log on Gentoo Linux x86.
>>
>>This only seems to happen when accessing MySQL from PHP's MySQLi API,
>>not when accessing it using the mysql command-line client.
>>
>>Is this a bug I should report to MySQL or to PHP? I'm not able to test
>>other APIs at the moment.
>

> If the server dies, that's a MySQL problem.  Take a look at
> http://bugs.mysql.com/ for information on how to report it.  In
> particular, the server logs should give some information.

Thing is, even though I get that error, the server keeps running and
accepting other connections and responding to queries fine.

My server log shows absolutely nothing after server startup, no matter
how many times that stored procedure fails.

I'm about to recompile with the debug USE flag (I'm on Gentoo) to try to
track down the problem; once I've done that I'll file a bug.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer