List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gilles MISSONNIER Date:September 22 2005 10:39am
Subject:RE: good database design
View as plain text
I agree totaly to what Sujay Koduri writes :
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/intro-to-normalization.html

> My 2 cents..
>
> Before you actually start worrying about the performance tuning of database
> parameters or hardware required for the DB, you should make sure that you
> have designed the database properly by taking care of all aspects  like
> normalisation, denormalisation (??). If you don't take care of these logical
> design aspects in the early stages properly, these things will prove you
> very costly in the long run.
>
> Th easy and recommended way to do it is
>
> .Draw an E-R diagram
> .Do any normalization.
> .Identify proper datatypes for the table creation.
> .Identify and add proper indexes.
> .And now actually you should start worrying abt the DB Tuning and harware
> requirements.
>
> sujay

Thread
connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar20 Sep
  • Fwd: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar21 Sep
    • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Pooly21 Sep
      • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar21 Sep
        • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar22 Sep
          • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Pooly22 Sep
            • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar22 Sep
  • good database designOKAN ARI22 Sep
  • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
    • RE: good database designTim Hayes22 Sep
      • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
        • Re: good database designJigal van Hemert22 Sep
      • Re: good database designDBA)22 Sep
      • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • Re: good database designOKAN ARI22 Sep
RE: good database designSujay Koduri22 Sep
  • RE: good database designTim Hayes22 Sep
    • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • RE: good database designGilles MISSONNIER22 Sep
RE: good database designSujay Koduri22 Sep