List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Sales (DBA) Date:September 22 2005 8:47am
Subject:Re: good database design
View as plain text
Tim Hayes wrote:

>I disagree completely.
>
>I prefer to have regard to the statement of requirement, which in this case
>is a concern over performance. If following conventional design rules
>creates performance issues, then performance related issues come first when
>considering design.

- personally, I would consider integrity, and then reliability, above
performance. But then 80% of any performance hit is in the application
code. Design a database that gives you confidence in the data it stores
first and foremost.

- ian

| Ian Sales                                  Database Administrator |
|                              "All your database are belong to us" |
| ebuyer                                      http://www.ebuyer.com |

connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar20 Sep
  • Fwd: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar21 Sep
    • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Pooly21 Sep
      • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar21 Sep
        • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar22 Sep
          • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Pooly22 Sep
            • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar22 Sep
  • good database designOKAN ARI22 Sep
  • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
    • RE: good database designTim Hayes22 Sep
      • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
        • Re: good database designJigal van Hemert22 Sep
      • Re: good database designDBA)22 Sep
      • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • Re: good database designOKAN ARI22 Sep
RE: good database designSujay Koduri22 Sep
  • RE: good database designTim Hayes22 Sep
    • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • RE: good database designGilles MISSONNIER22 Sep
RE: good database designSujay Koduri22 Sep