List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 22 2005 8:25am
Subject:Re: good database design
View as plain text
Hi,

Please reply to the list and not to me personally only.

> I want to explain my condition. I have a web site that habe 110onlne users
> at same time. But cpu usage is 2.00/2.00 (p4 3.0ghzHT)
> I think my database design is horrible because of this high cpu load.

Did you do an analysis to come to this conclusion? Is it really MySQL
that's hogging your CPU?

Did you analyse what queries were bringing the server down?

> SO I want to learn something about good database design. Can you suggest
any
> thing to me?

Read a book, any book, that describes the normal forms.

After that, analyse your queries and their plans and see if any indices are
needed.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar20 Sep
  • Fwd: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar21 Sep
    • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Pooly21 Sep
      • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar21 Sep
        • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar22 Sep
          • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Pooly22 Sep
            • Re: connect from oracle to MYSQL.Ananda Kumar22 Sep
  • good database designOKAN ARI22 Sep
  • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
    • RE: good database designTim Hayes22 Sep
      • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
        • Re: good database designJigal van Hemert22 Sep
      • Re: good database designDBA)22 Sep
      • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • Re: good database designOKAN ARI22 Sep
RE: good database designSujay Koduri22 Sep
  • RE: good database designTim Hayes22 Sep
    • Re: good database designMartijn Tonies22 Sep
  • RE: good database designGilles MISSONNIER22 Sep
RE: good database designSujay Koduri22 Sep