List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arno Coetzee Date:September 21 2005 3:06pm
Subject:Re: I forgot the admin password
View as plain text
Johan Höök wrote:

> Hi Luis,
> you can start your server with --skip-grant-tables
> see:
>  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privileges-options.html
>
> /Johan
>
> Luis Garay wrote:
>
>> hi
>> im pretty newbie in mysql. i installed this in my computer few weeks
>> ago and
>> today i want to begin practicing and i cant log in . i suppose i
>> forget the
>> rigth password, how can a blank this??
>>
>> thank you
>> lgaray

>> 2005-09-20

I agree with Johan. When i was a newbie(not that i am an expert now
;-)  ) i had the same prob - forgetting my root password.

have a look at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/resetting-permissions.html

good luck Luis

--
Arno Coetzee
Developer

Thread
I forgot the admin passwordLuis Garay21 Sep
  • Re: I forgot the admin passwordJohan Höök21 Sep
    • Re: I forgot the admin passwordArno Coetzee21 Sep
  • Re: I forgot the admin passwordMartijn Tonies21 Sep
    • Re: I forgot the admin passwordvalentin_nils21 Sep
  • Re: I forgot the admin passwordMartijn Tonies21 Sep
    • Re: I forgot the admin passwordSGreen21 Sep
      • Re: I forgot the admin passwordMartijn Tonies21 Sep
        • Re: I forgot the admin passwordvalentin_nils22 Sep
          • Re: I forgot the admin passwordLuis Garay22 Sep
      • Re: I forgot the admin passwordMartijn Tonies22 Sep
Re: I forgot the admin passwordvalentin_nils22 Sep