List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:September 21 2005 10:31am
Subject:Re: Federated engine and "comment"???
View as plain text
On Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:23, Martijn Tonies typed:
> Hi there,
>
> Did I just see in the documentation that the "comment" clause
> is being misused to supply a connection string for the federated
> engine?
>
> If so, I sure hope it will be changed before the final 5.0 release.
>
> "comment" is next to useless like this. It's already being misused
> by InnoDB to describe the FK constraints...
>
> What's wrong with introducing a new clause?

The manual states:
The use of COMMENT for specifying the connection string is non-optimal and
will likely change in MySQL 5.1. Keep this in mind when you use FEDERATED
tables, because it means you'll need to make some modifications when that
happens.

So I'd guess they know full well it's not the best way to do it.
Thread
Federated engine and "comment"???Martijn Tonies21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Duncan Hill21 Sep
    • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Duncan Hill21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Martijn Tonies21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Jim Winstead21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Martijn Tonies21 Sep