List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 21 2005 10:23am
Subject:Federated engine and "comment"???
View as plain text
Hi there,

Did I just see in the documentation that the "comment" clause
is being misused to supply a connection string for the federated
engine?

If so, I sure hope it will be changed before the final 5.0 release.

"comment" is next to useless like this. It's already being misused
by InnoDB to describe the FK constraints...

What's wrong with introducing a new clause?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Federated engine and "comment"???Martijn Tonies21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Duncan Hill21 Sep
    • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Duncan Hill21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Martijn Tonies21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Jim Winstead21 Sep
  • Re: Federated engine and "comment"???Martijn Tonies21 Sep