List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jasper Bryant-Greene Date:September 21 2005 8:40am
Subject:"Lost connection to MySQL server during query" when calling stored
procedure
View as plain text
I have a stored procedure defined as follows:

CREATE PROCEDURE `album`.`getUser`( IN userID INT )
     READS SQL DATA
     DETERMINISTIC
     SQL SECURITY INVOKER
SELECT * FROM users WHERE id=userID LIMIT 1;

Sometimes when I execute this stored procedure with, for example:

CALL getUser(7);

I get the error "Lost connection to MySQL server during query".

This only ever happens with stored procedures, never with any normal
kind of query.

I am using MySQL 5.0.12-beta-log on Gentoo Linux x86.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer