List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hugh Sasse Date:September 20 2005 9:28am
Subject:Re: Failure to install on Solaris.
View as plain text
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Pooly wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>> neelix hgs 57 %> ls /usr/lib/*pthread*
>> /usr/lib/libpthread.so     /usr/lib/llib-lpthread
>> /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1   /usr/lib/llib-lpthread.ln
>> neelix hgs 58 %>
>>

>> Any suggestions as to how I get around this and get the whole thing
>> installed in /usr/local/mysql-4.1.13 ?
>
> Have you installed the development package for the pthread library ?

Not explicitly.  I have not explicitly installed pthread either.
These in /usr/lib must be supplied by Sun, I think.

Where do I get it (What's the package called, do I need a certain
version to go with 4.1.13, etc)?

> I guess you're missing libpthread.a which is needed even for a dynamic

I don't know enough about pthread to know why I should need a .a
when I have a .so : they are both libraries....

Why did it build the first time around, then?

> linking, the linker can't do it's job here.
>
> --
> Pooly

         Thank you,
         Hugh
Thread
Failure to install on Solaris.Hugh Sasse20 Sep
  • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.David Logan20 Sep
    • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.Hugh Sasse20 Sep
  • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.Pooly20 Sep
    • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.Hugh Sasse20 Sep
      • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.Hugh Sasse20 Sep
  • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.Dan Nelson20 Sep
    • Re: Failure to install on Solaris.Hugh Sasse21 Sep