List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 19 2005 7:04pm
Subject:Re: Foreign keys across databases?
View as plain text
Hello Jake,

> I would like to use separate databases to group certain related tables
> to keep things clean, but I would also like to use foreign keys to
> enforce referential integrity between tables in different databases. I
> don't think this is possible. Am I right? And if so, am I reduced to
> using carefully chosen table names to keep things organized? What have
> others done in this situation?

Ehm... According to me, all tables related to eachother or a certain
domain should go in 1 database. That is, each database should be
able to exist by itself.

So, in your case, dump everything into 1 database.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Foreign keys across databases?Jake Krohn19 Sep
  • Re: Foreign keys across databases?Martijn Tonies19 Sep